Well done to everyone who took part in this years sports day. A most enjoyable day was had by all - especially our girls long distance running winners who took 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place. Well done Ruth, Sophie, Amiee and Kate, fantastic achievement!
Here is the school off on our cycle around Ennis for Active Schools Week!
As part of active schools week the kids have undertaken the following activities:
- Every morning we part take in some wake up shake up activities while in our line
- D.E.A.D (Drop everything and Dance every day at 12 sharp
- On Tuesday we walked a mile with a smile around Ennis town
- On Wednesday we cycled 5km around Ennis (watch out for us on the news)
- On Thursday we had our sports day!
- Friday STAY TUNED!!!
This week the class have been learning all about the liberator – aka Daniel O Connell. The first catholic ever to be elected to the houses of parliament in Westminster! We took a walk to the Daniel O Connell monument in Ennis.
How can we transport a balloon from one barrier to the other, using only a straw, some tape a balloon and a bottle/toilet roll?
On 29th of May we had a visit from Colin Bunce. Colin is a geologist with the Burren Outdoor Education Centre in West Clare. He helped us all become geologists for an afternoon! Very enjoyable.
In May our class built their very own robots. With the exception of paint and glue only recycled materials from home were used. The class were so resourceful and inventive and the finished products were amazing. Well done everyone!